Some things are difficult to throw away. Even worse if you’re a creative. There’ll always be a use for something. ‘It might come in handy one day’, I always tell myself and it eventually does. The story is the same for these pair of Calvin Klein nude strap heels. I like how steady they are and considering the fact that I haven’t found a replacement for them made it even harder to toss.
My shoes have had their fair share of use, obviously, so, I wanted to give them an entirely different look. I’ll take you through my DIY
Old pair of shoes
Embellishment of your choice
- First of all, I polished them with a brown tan polish. This was mainly because I didn’t have brown shoe dye. And I can always re-polish them to maintain the color.
- Then I cut out some suede fabric from an old shirt (see! they always come in handy). Glued the fabric systematically to achieve that pleated effect.
- Then I glued the pleated piece to the strap of the heels and trimmed it slightly. I repeated the same for the other foot.
- I went in with the polish one more time and polished the pleated strip.
- Finally, I glued these flower-like embellishments for extra detail and viola!
There are a lot of things you can do with your old shoes; from dyeing to covering them entirely with a different fabric. I hope my DIY inspires you to make use of your old shoes. After all, you don’t have much to lose.
Let me know if this post was helpful. Until next time