I’ve had this post sitting in my blog bank for close to a week. I always felt like, well nobody is interested in hearing all of this. But today I had the urge to share and I thought, why not? If it enriches just one person, I’m fine. That aside, I believe it’s really important to reflect as it helps your overall growth and wellbeing. SO…
Here goes. The 7 lessons I learnt recently so you can learn from my experiences.
- Death is inevitable, cherish every moment like it’s your last. I lost someone I love a lot and I felt like I never told them how much I appreciated them enough. Now, they’re gone and there’s nothing I can do about it.
- SOME PEOPLE WILL LOVE YOU AND SOME PEOPLE WILL HATE YOU, both are cool because it’s not your fault and you can barely change that. Live your best life as long as it makes you and God happy that’s all that matters.
- LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. Our bodies are created in such a way that they can withstand a lot for a long time but after sometime you have to listen. Rest when you’re stressed, drink lots of water. So, listen before it gives up on you.
- THINGS DO NOT ALWAYS GO AS PLANNED, need I say more? Lol. It’s okay to set expectations but sometimes leave space for disappointment. I learnt this the hard way so you don’t have to.
- BE POSITIVE ABOUT EVERYTHING. Even when there’s not much to be positive about, find that tiny good in every situation and dwell on it. I promise it’ll make you feel 10 times better than dwelling on the negatives.
- TAKE YOUR HEALTH SERIOUSLY. Most diseases don’t just show up. They start small and bloom into what we know them for. So, take care of your health and get checked from time to time.
- DON’T BE CONTENT WITH BEING IDEAL ALL DAY. There’s always something to learn and something to improve upon. Challenge yourself to feed your mind everyday.
What do you think about this post? Do you enjoy content like this? And if you’ve leant anything recently, leave a comment so we can all learn from each other.